[AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

Cecil Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 06:19:11 PDT 2005

> You run into some unexpected little culanary (sp) pockets up there in
> PA.  I was at a show there several years ago.  I can't remember the
> town but is was somewhere NW of Chambersburg or maybe it was at
> Chambersburg.   Down here in eastern NC  we have a vinegar based BBQ
> sauce that it simply a blend of apple cider vinegar, salt, red and
> black pepper with a secret ingrediant that changes about every 5 miles
> from the Atlantic ocean to Raleigh.

    Everywhere I went in the south and southern Midwest, the receipe for
barbecue changed
about every 25 or 30 miles. Some used vinegar, some mustard, some
molasses or dark sugar.
I liked all of it to be honest with you but the best was the beef in
Tulsa at Rosie's Ribs. Next
I liked the barbecue at a nice country restaurant on the north side of
Jackson, Tennessee.
In North Carolina, I depend on Charlie Hill as he knows all the good
spots.

Cecil