[AT] OT Redbud/asparagus

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Apr 21 19:04:10 PDT 2005

On 4/21/2005 at 9:12 AM George Willer wrote:

...snip...

>I'll agree that poi should be at the bottom of the list, right after
>*GRITS*.  Avocado would make the upper 1/4 since it does have a flavor.
>
>George Willer

Three ATIS demerits for you George!.  I have them a lot and I like mine
with a touch of butter and Texas Pete Hot sauce.   If I want a change, some
cheese with hot sauce.   If I want to thumb my nose to the American Heart
Association, I use both butter and cheese and hot sauce.  If I am feeling
really wild, a spoonful of honey or jelly(no hot sauce).  If I was allowed
to eat country ham anymore, I would eat them with red eye gravy.

Honestly, they aren't that great but they are not as slimy as oatmeal,
warmer than cereal and everyone knows cream of wheat is disgusting.  If you
will notice, everyone that likes grits will say so, but then finish the
statement with a laundry list if items they put in them.   If they were
good, people wouldn't add stuff to them.

Even though there is not one southern baptist within sight of my family
tree and I was born to German Lutheran and Irish Catholic families in
western PA, I was raised eating grits(By the way, put a bunch of German
Lutherans and Irish Catholics in a room together if you ever want to have
fun).   No idea way we eat them and no one in the family can explain it
since not too many neighbors or other know associates in PA ate them, or at
least owned up to eating them.   I guess the grits fairy, on her WV run,
got blown off course and dropped some at our house and we kept eating them.

I can run antique tractors (obligatory reference) bringing in the hay all
morning on a bowl of grits,.   Try doing that on Cocoa Puffs.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net