[Farmall] M - Tricycle Wheel Spacing

Skip Cleveland OCLEVELAND at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 18:56:03 PDT 2005

We had a 1946 M in 1946. My dad got a loader for it. He set the rims in the
middle setting because the loader caused damage to the three luggs fastened
to the rims. This was the strongest position.
With the wheels set out like that, it bacame an arm buster. Aspecial
steering wheel with a sprag clutch locking any input from the shaft to the
pipe that holds the meter box ect. This worked well but was a bear to steer.
He worked for the IHC dealer in Reading MI and we had all sorts of new IH
stuff around as a result , I had a very nice child hoodI remember all of it
well

Skip