[AT] OT: Skidloaders

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Apr 20 15:52:19 PDT 2005

That is a good machine, but 4000 is a LOT of hours for one of those
engines - we used to figure on changing an engine on skid loaders with
anything from 3-4000 hours. Figure on about $3,000 and higher for an
exchange engine. Tires also don't last long in skid steer operation,
especially if they are used on pavement. If they are worn smooth, better
price out a set before committing to the machine (and if they are foam
filled, better figure on replacing the rims - it is almost impossible to
get the tires off the rims if foam filled).

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Every act of conscious learning requires the willingness to suffer an
injury to one's self-esteem. That is why young children, before they are
aware of their own self-importance, learn so easily; and why older
persons, especially if vain or important, cannot learn at all. -Thomas
Szasz, author, professor of psychiatry (1920- )