[AT] White Gas

Bob Seith seithr at denison.edu
Wed Apr 13 09:42:37 PDT 2005

Didn't some other refiner (Sinclair?) experiment briefly with using a
nickel compound as an octane booster/pre-ignition preventer? It was
before I was driving, but there was a jingle that sticks in my mind. To
the tune of "Put another nickel in, in the Nickelodeon":

Sinclair is the one to buy,
Nickel is the reason why.
Sinclair gasolines are made with Nickel, Nickel, Nickel...

Something like that.

I don't think it lasted very long.

Bob Seith