[AT] OT Need FAX Machine Advice

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Sep 27 23:09:54 PDT 2004

Ed:

Another possibility. You also might want to check if the fax machine has
"Distinctive Ring" detection capability. The various phone companies have
different names for this capability but more than one phone number can be
assigned to a single phone line and then each phone number has a distinctive
ring which the fax machine can detect to only answer when that appropriate
ring pattern is detected. Kind of nice to have your customers think you have
dedicated a line just for faxes even though you haven't. Only disadvantage
is while the line is being used for voice the second number is also busy.
The fax machine will only answer when that unique phone number is called.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290
storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com