[AT] English tractor (modern)

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Sep 27 17:08:16 PDT 2004

> Charlie, one can only hope. :-)
> This may be, another strange (to me) thing is there is
> a lot of difference in the steering radius' between
> using brakes or not.  Normal tractor, right?  Only
> problem is this one only has one pedal!  Maybe it
> works through the steering?  Inquiring minds, etc.
> This is going to be one interesting beast when we get
> all the little bugs worked out.

Maybe they have a more polished approach to the way my uncle had his Super M
Farmall rigged years ago.  He used it to pull logs out of the woods.  I
never understood exactly why he did it but he had a piece of angle iron
attached so that it stuck out to each side of the tricycle front end fork.
On the ends of the angle irons he attached cables that cris-crossed under
the belly of the tractor and were attached to the brakes somehow.   I don't
remember exactly how it was hooked up at the brakes but it was situated such
that when he turned the steering wheel past a certain spot the cable took up
on the brake linkage for the appropriate wheel.

Charlie