[AT] Multimeters--recomendation?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Sep 26 03:02:39 PDT 2004

I bought a digital meter from Harbor Freight that I like very much. It
was only $20, but it came with a rubber case, leads, frequency meter
(useful for setting up my backup generator), temperature probe, tilting
display and the usual volts/amps/ohms measurements (the ad copy doesn't
mention ohms for some reason), plus auto off, short circuit "beeper, and
data hold (the ad calls it "date hold"!). I have been using it for a
year or so, and it has been very handy. So far, it has done everything
that my old Fluke can do, but I don't worry so much about damaging it
when outdoors or balanced on a rear tire.

<http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37772>

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and the government
when it deserves it. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)