[AT] No news these days - long

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Sep 25 16:03:09 PDT 2004

> I really don't mind folks blaming various ISPs' problems on ATIS and I
> actually do understand that its human nature to do so (blame the easiest
> target), but I feel like I have defend ATIS's good name from time to time.
> Here is the received trail from Cecil's message.   It took Cecil's ISP
> _5_HOURS_ to send it to my SPAM service's server.   From that point in time
> it took exactly 1 minute to hit my mailbox:

	I think quite a few of us have known for a long time that some of
the ISPs are holding email until they are ready to send it. I have a feeling
that quite a few of them give priority to personal one on one email and hold
up Mailing List mail. I don't like it and wish I could do something about it
but I doubt anyone can. I doubt that Time Warner gives a damn so complaining
about RoadRunner is out. Hell, I can't even get to talk to a technician if I
have a problem or a question. It used to be you could ask to talk to the manager
and he would actually come on the line but not any more. You can't get past
the CSRs who may not even know who the manager is.

	Considering that I was a Cable TV system manager 37 years ago, spent
28 years in the business and know my way around and how to get to people, it
oughta tell you something about them.

	I am concerned about the lack of traffic on the List in general and
wish we could have more contributors. I miss the old days when there were
75 to 100 posts on the List a day and sometimes more. We had quite a few
"me too's" in those days but that was OK too. I think maybe a lot of our
members have drifted over to forums and only check in to see what is being
said on the List instead of writing. Lets hope fall and winter weather bring
an influx of new mail and new subjects.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson