[AT] No news these days - long

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 14:08:55 PDT 2004

--- Spencer Yost <yostsw at atis.net> wrote:

> The VAST majority of the delays (all but on one two)
> I have tracked and
> logged doing timing tests for folks have been ISP
> issues.   The best I can
> tell is all ISPs, some more often than others, mail
> servers are overloaded
> and overworked doing virus and SPAM scanning and
> just get backed up.
>
> Spencer Yost
> Owner, ATIS
> Plow the Net!
> http://www.atis.net

Boy, you have no compaints from me.  My service is not
to bad but the green slime we sue for phone lines
tends to get in the way at times.
I have had to wonder though, (just curious, mind you),
why Farmer's mail comes after 3 to 4 replys to the
original?  Now, I know it can't be ATIS or else others
couldn't reply.  The delays seem to be on MY end???  I
tend to notice his delays as they are more constant
than anyone else's.
Just have to grin, shrug, and go back to smiling.
On a similar note, I can't get DSL service from anyone
even though the line runs only a block from my house!
And for what it's worth, my U.S. Congressman can't get
decent service at his place either, so I guess I can't
really complain _to_ awfully much.  Oh well, got to
crank the handle and "Hey Mabel, can you get me my ISP again?"

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!