[AT] WAY OT... Boat motor help

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 15:36:46 PDT 2004

--- "David A. Laughead Jr." <daljr at bright.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good forum out there for
> boating? I have been
> searching and searching for one. I can find a forum
> anywhere that works as
> smoothly and has the knowledge as this list or the
> AC page.
>
> I have a 1966 Johnson Super Seahorse 80hp 2 stroke
> V4
> I need to get a water pump impeller and associated
> gaskets to do routine
> maintainence. I may need to work on the fuel pump,
> hopefully I can determine
> this later on today, I need to replace some bad fuel
> lines.

David, try www.aomci.org
           www.boat-links.com
                    or
           www.oldmarineengine.com
Lots of information out there (mostly useless, I know)
Did a lot of digging trying to find information on my
Ferro "marine" engine (which turned out to be a 1924
Chevrolet Superior engine which had the block cast by
Ferro. Well, it had been installed in a boat!! How was
I s'posed to know <sigh>.

=====
Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan

Being crazy just helps me keep my sanity!