[AT] WAY OT... Boat motor help

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Fri Sep 24 11:03:02 PDT 2004

David,
For the imperller and gaskets, check with a Johnson dealer in your area. These
parts should be available, as this outboard is still being produced.
For the rest, clean everything very well using Berryman's B-12 Chemtool. My
F-I-L had a '69 model of this same engine and the carbs had to be cleaned
every spring before it would run right.
For the propeller, yours can be rebuilt to like new. Check the yellow pages
for a "propeller service". The F-I-L had his rebuilt a couple of times. The
repair outfit should be able to recommend ways to improve the performance as
well by modifying the pitch, etc.

Phil