[AT] WAY OT... Boat motor help

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Fri Sep 24 06:34:54 PDT 2004

I guess the only thing we have in common is it burns fossil fuel, well and
possibly moveing the trailer with a tractor LOL.

Does anyone know of a good forum out there for boating? I have been
searching and searching for one. I can find a forum anywhere that works as
smoothly and has the knowledge as this list or the AC page.

I have a 1966 Johnson Super Seahorse 80hp 2 stroke V4
I need to get a water pump impeller and associated gaskets to do routine
maintainence. I may need to work on the fuel pump, hopefully I can determine
this later on today, I need to replace some bad fuel lines.
I also need to replace the prop I see Michigan Wheel makes props to fit.
Anyone know  of other manufacturers?  What size is the best? looks like my
option are as follows:

diameter x pitch
10 x 9 1/4
10 1/4 x 10 my current prop size
10 x 11 the recommended size as best as I can tell
10 x 12

The boat is a 1966 Larson16ft V hull boat.

Also I would like to get a generator for the motor, it was an orginal option
and has the bracket there, my particular motor just doesn't have one.

Thanks for the help,
Dave Laughead
Arcanum, Ohio

---