[Steam-engine] Empire Agricultural Works

Beth 24port at accesstoledo.com
Mon Sep 20 17:30:19 PDT 2004

I just received a call concerning a portable Empire steam engine.  I can only find one picture in Norbeck's Encyclopedia and an ad in Clymer's.  Might anyone have any information that I can forward?

I have photos of the engine.  The smokebox door has No. 6 in the center.  It is a single cylinder mounted on the right side of the boiler (versus the left in the Encylopedia).  The front wheels are wooden with the rears steel.

Any information will be most appreciated as the family is attempting to find the history on it.

Thanks!

Beth