[AJD] Re: Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 5, Issue 17

Robert Galloway robert66 at tcinternet.net
Mon Sep 20 10:52:11 PDT 2004

This is the one thing I didn't try.  I have heard of it but I don't have
a big enough sledge compared to the mass of the axle to get its
attention.  What I ended up doing was taking the rim loose from the web
and moving the rim to the "other ridge" onto which the web is clamped.
Got the darn thing into the stall I wanted it in.  Now it reminds me of
an orchard tractor I've seen with one wheel visibly closer to the
drivers seat than the other.  Have to change the other when I get time.
  Thanks again for the help.  I might also hit the axle with the torch
but to get the expansion in the part I want to expand, I'd think I'd
have to hit the hub and I hate to blister the paint.

bob g.