[AT] OT - Remnants of Ivan

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 21:21:38 PDT 2004

> Did anyone else get water damage in the northeast from the remnants of Ivan?

	We got 4 1/2" of heavy rain that washed the driveway a little
but thanks to a brainstorm I had a month or so ago, most of the water
went down a new channel I made with the dozer and did no harm. Our pond
came close to overflowing but the two large culverts held the overflow
OK.

	The neighbor behind me whose acre of land borders our land called
tonight and told me a very large tree that was on our property came down
during the heavy rain and took 4 or 5 more trees down with it. I didn't
know anything came down until that moment. I promised to go look at it
in a day or so and asked him if he could use the firewood. If I am not
mistaken, it is in an area where it is even difficult to get the dozer.

	Most of the very heavy rain went to the north of us and flooded
roads in the southern Catskill Mountains that haven't been flooded for
years, if ever. Portions of Route 17 between Liberty and Roscoe were
flooded and I saw newsphotos of troopers with the road blocked off. I
understand those famous trout streams of ours - the Beaverkill and the
North and West branches of the Delaware were badly flooded and many roads
were closed. I understand the Neversink and the Willowemoc were also
overflowing and at flood stage.

	It was one helluva rainstorm and I am not sorry to hear it is
gone.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson