[Farmall] Hello

Stan Bass headlight at erols.com
Tue Sep 14 14:28:05 PDT 2004

John,
Yes, it was the belly pump. Maybe I wasn't clear enough but the next
couple lines right after your snip alluded to that;

>We didn't have a clue on how to
>use the hydraulics or that it even had the pump! Obviously never saw an
>operators manual, much less any of the other info available to us these
>days, Oh well...

Guess I should of put the "and some other handle" phrase in quotes. I
was just reminiscing about the journey of my early Farmall 'education'.
When I got my stage I Super M, the first thing I did was buy a 3 pnt and
plumbed it into the belly pump. When I showed my brother and Dad, they
just said, 'Well, 20-25 years ago all the neighbors said that wasn't
possible'. As I learned, my Super M got upgraded to a stage II, rebuilt
the M&W hand clutch, and added a set of remotes to run a big Gehl round
baler. The year I repainted it, later that Summer I brought it over with
the baler to do one of his fields. He waved and grinned as I drove up.
Later, my Mom said he came inside just beaming and told her how much he
enjoyed seeing 'ol Big Red' coming up the hill. Good memories...
Stan(VA).