[AT] Ford Diesel in AC machine

Bo Hinch mmco at cox-internet.com
Tue Sep 14 05:35:30 PDT 2004

The 174 engine is a hard engine to get parts for as I had one in a forklift
.After breaking the second crankshaft,it sat for over a year before I found
a replacement crank. When I got ready to start it , it was low on
compression and just wouldn`t quite run, I hooked the starter up to 24 volts
, had it running in about 30 seconds , shut it off , hooked back to 12 volts
and didn`t have any more problems until the temp dropped to the lower 40`s
and below .I then had to use the glow plug for several minutes before it
would fire up . You need a really strong battery ( a lot of amps ) on every
start .
Bo Hinch