[AJD] JD 40 Carb

Terry L. Hrdlicka th01209 at alltel.net
Wed Sep 8 19:06:37 PDT 2004

LeRoy,

Been watching the thread, and while I don't have an answer for your
needle and seat problem, the hose barb question is easy.  All it is is a
fitting that has threads that match the drain cock threads on the bottom
of the float bowl on one end, and a long, stepped, cone shape on the
other end.  You screw the threaded end into the float bowl, and slip a
hose of the correct size on the stepped end.  Should be able to find one
at any good hardware or parts store.

While I "feel your pain", it's nice to see I'm not the only one that
weird stuff happens to when working on this old iron ;).

Terry