[Ford-ferguson] Re: No start 2N

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 6 07:02:40 PDT 2004

>From: Mike Sloane <msloane at att.net>
>Subject: [Ford-ferguson] No start 2N
>I restored a '46 2N a couple of years ago, got it running, and then
>parked it in my neighbor's barn. Now that I am retired, I thought I

Might havereal low compression from letting it set.Sticky valves too.  Put
some marvel mystery oil down each cylinder hole and let it set a day.. then
spin it over to clear the oil.  Might also check all your electrical
connections.. including where the ground brad hits the frame.  Check key
switch and resistor connections.  Might even gently stretch that little
springy coil on the bottom of the coil.  Also.. I'll assume you re-gapped
your points to .015 after you filed them.

gap the plugs at .025, and use copper core wires.  After you spin the mmo
around to make sure you don't get hydro lock on the head.. pop the plugs in,
and hook the wires up.. cap should be marked.. but fire order is 1-2-4-3
ccw.. use a bit of ether and see if you get any pops.  Slow starter is
normal.. real slow starter may be a bad connection.  These 6v systems like
big 1/0 battery cables.

I just finished a 46 2n myself.

good luck

Soundguy