[AT] Finally done

Rob Wilson rowilson at infinet.com
Wed Oct 27 20:21:51 PDT 2004

No the A-C snap coupler was a true three point. You can
hook up a snap coupler implement without leaving the seat.
You back into the hitch that resembles the eye of a
needle. It goes into the coupler bell under the tractor.
This is attached to a hydraulic draft sensing rod that
hooks to the hydraulic pump. A-C called it a traction
booster. When you got into heavy ground the arms would
lift the implement and transfer weight to the tractor
tires and assist in your work.
The lift arms have clamshell like couplers on them
called lift arm latches that attach to the implement
lift points. You can reach back and snap them shut and
push up on the steering wheel quadrant hydraulic lever
and lift and off you go. Take all of about 20 seconds
if you practice at it. As for them disconnecting. The
main reason is the springs lose their tension and release
at the most inopportune moment. The snap coupler also
has a spring that loses it's tension and allows the
implement to come out if your not careful. When you buy
one of these tractors you should really spend the
extra money and buy the Agco springs to rebuild them.
It was truly way ahead of anything else out there.

Rob