[AT] Finally done

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Wed Oct 27 10:50:23 PDT 2004

The WD-45 had a single lever for both the lift arms and the remote.  There
was a "delay" setting on hydralics.  The instructions for changing hydralic
settings was on the battery box for 2.2 days after the tractor left the
factory, but I've never seen an intact decal.

Black magic was required to "tune" the WD-45 hydralics.

All of the snap coupler equipment I've seen was fully mounted.  The plow in
the picture and I'm sure other implements were semi mounted.

One problem with the snap coupler is that for some reason, if one lift arm
experienced "lift" from the implement, it would unsnap the coupler.  Then
when you got to the end of the field and lifted the plow, it would roll to
one side, into the tire.  Scarry at best, or it would bend and break things
at worse.  Remember, your right butt cheek is meere inches away from the
right lift arm.

If you somehow managed to unhook the LOWER connection, but keep the lift
arms connected, the implement could try to fold up and over the operator,
again, not pleasant.

There were people in our area that said things like "Nobody can farm without
a WD-45, but nobody can farm LONG with one".

---