[AT] question on use of resistor on coil

Irma bellville1 at vci.net
Sun Oct 24 10:18:29 PDT 2004

 If you use a Chrysler resistor you will be running, if you don't think it
needs the resistor then just hookit up straight. It will run either way just
fine. And it will not burn the points if they are set to F specs. But I find
the resistors cost 1/10th of the coil price and there reasonable. This for
12v systems upgraded from the old 6v generators. 6v wont hurt the coil
reason why the factory never put resistors on. I been using the same Mopar
resistors for 5+ years on the cub and SC without removing the caps. And they
been run many hours.  Good luck

Kevin Mosier
Bellville Farms
2599 Eddy.Crk.Rd.
Eddyville, KY 42038

===== Life is a theater - invite your audience carefully
There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance,
who should be moved to the balcony of your life. Choose wisely the people
who sit in the front row of your life. Author Unknown