[AT] question on use of resistor on coil

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:31:26 PDT 2004

Ditto on all of Dean's statements.  I do not have the JD knowledge, but IH
used the same start on 12, run on 6v system for a few years as did GM cars
and Mopars. They are normally fed from a 12v source.  My IH 340 and Farmall
560 both have the resistor system.  Strong possibility your 6 volt supply
will not fed a 12v coil enough to get very much out of the coil.  Good
luck.

Charlie V.