[Farmall] calibrating torque wrench

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Thu Oct 21 10:58:05 PDT 2004

Sorry to chime in late on this one:

I agree with Carl on pretty much all counts.  I could
conceive of some sort of kludge to check calibration using a
weight affixed a known distance from the wrench axis, yada
yada, but it would be just that, a kludge.

Calibration adjustment tends to cost in the range of $25 per
wrench and can be done by the following outfits:

Angle Repair, Beckley WV 304-253-5729
Team Torque, Bismarck, ND 888-682-6875

Oh, one final comment:  the beam-type wrenches are far more
stable than click-type.  With the beam-type, the torque
reading is based on the deflection of a steel beam.  Unless
that beam is physically damaged, its deflection
characteristics do not/cannot change.  I personally wouldn't
send a beam-type to a calibration house.

Best regards,
Steve O.

From: szabelsk at gdls.com
----- Original Message Follows -----