[AT] OT Barn floor question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Oct 21 04:12:48 PDT 2004

Larry,  I was looking at some of that stuff yesterday.  It was used for
parking pads at some beach cottages where there are restrictions on how much
ground can be covered by concrete or asphalt.  The decking has been there
for a few years and it doesn't seem to be weathering any better than salt
treated wood.   Some of the boards are starting to warp and twist a bit.
Also, a friend of mine used the stuff extensively for decks and benches off
the rear of his new house.  (now about 5 years old)  I was over there last
year and noticed that I could drag my finger nails over the decking lightly
and scrape the surface off.  It appears that UV has begun to attack the
surface.

I'd think you would be better off with cedar or juniper for your windmill.

Charlie