[AT] OT Barn floor question

WF Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Wed Oct 20 22:57:52 PDT 2004

I'll not mention any brand names here. Google some of the more popular names
and read about the class-action suits. I confess we haven't built any
waterwheels or windmills with the stuff but we attempted to build a few
decks.

At least with wood you know that you're dealing with a porous, unpredictable
building material. I'd think you'd be better off with aluminum, or black
locust or cedar.

Warren

> What's your experience with it, Warren?  Seriously, I MAY want to use it
> for some of the wheel and tail of a windmill.  If it can be machined and
> still be impervious to weathering, it would be good for some parts.
>
> Larry

---