[AT] 100 year old stumps are nasty (burning)

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Thu Oct 14 12:36:34 PDT 2004

My wife caught her vacuum cleaner on fire last winter.

Wife:  "Honey, the vacuum smells like it's on fire!"
Me:  "Sure does.  What were you doing with it?"
Wife:  "Cleaning out the wood stove."
Me:  "Doh!!!"

And she's not even a blonde...

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416

An elderly lady, who has since died, was telling me one day about her
vacuum cleaner catching on fire.   I said "YOUR VACUUM CLEANER CAUGHT
FIRE....how did that happen Ms. Daisy?"
She proceeded to tell me.

Seems that she was cleaning the soot out of her pot type kerosene heater

with one of those old Electrolux vacuums that pulls the dirty air right
through the motor housing.  She told me she had done it many times
before
with no problem.

I said "Ms Daisy you were trying to build a jet engine!"   She didn't
understand what I meant and I didn't try to explain.  LOL

No she didn't burn herself up but died of natural causes.  She was a
nice
lady that worked in the school lunch room when I was a "little fellow"
as
she would have said.

Charlie