[AT] Cub engine

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Oct 12 13:40:37 PDT 2004

Spencer: Ugly, lurid are pretty simpleto describe it. I had it on  2x6
rails on a fork lift to attach to the driveline. As I was going  toward
the driveline the forklift hit a small lip between sections of the shop
and the boards slide off the slick rails of the fork lift sending the
engine headfirst crashing to the floor. Oil immediately!!!! I had done
something really bad. It broke the entire heavy cast front end of the
motor and on the cub that holds all the front end/axle together. I might
be able some day to weld back together but that would be for a working
tractor and not for this one.  Moral is: secure it when moving it!
I have found one for @ $ 550 and seems a little high but may have to get
it as I suspect it may be a better engine than finding one from a Cub,
don't know.

Wayne