[AT] Old work boots ramble

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 04:29:10 PDT 2004

	I just returned home from spending most of the week in the
Midwest and was very pleased to be able to read the rambles by Dean
Vinson, Len Rugen and the others. There weren't too many posts by
members between last week on Thursday and now but the quality of
those that did post more than made up for the lack of quantity.

	I have a feeling that a lot of us have our "old boots". I
know I do. My wife asks me once in a while if I am ready to throw
these things out and I just can't bring myself to do it. I've walked
many a mile in those boots and they still have a few strolls left in
them. I still remember the first pair of expensive boots I ever
bought - a pair of Bass boots back in the late 1950s. I paid almost
$40 for them and they fit like a glove. I hoped they would never
wear out but of course they did - about 20 years later. I've had
quite a few pairs since then but none were ever quite as good as
those Bass boots.

	FWIW, I finally found another pair that made the favorite's
list. I was in the Cabelas store in Owatonna, MN and found a pair
of Wolverines for $119 that have been just great. A little warm for
summer wear but very comfortable just the same.

	So, thanks for the ramble, Dean. Reading it while I had my
morning coffee made the whole day.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson