[AT] Dumb tractor hauler truck question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Oct 8 05:13:56 PDT 2004

Thanks for everyone's input.  Doug I don't think you are right with regards
to my truck.  I don't doubt what you are saying with regards to later years
but not for the 89.  Here's why I believe that.

When I replaced the transmission I put one out of a Z 28 Camaro in it.   We
changed the tail shaft and the speedometer sending unit over to the one that
came with the truck and it all worked fine.  It seems to me that if I get
the speedometer sending unit from a truck that had the 3:42 gear in it to
begin with all should be fine again.  Maybe not?  Anyway I'll do as Walt
suggests and talk to the  local transmission guru.

Charlie