[Steam-engine] hobby boilers

George Erhart gerhart at columbus.rr.com
Tue Oct 5 03:22:27 PDT 2004

Dave,

Thanks for the thought. The plant is long gone as are all of the original
industries of Groton. The plant was closed in 1925 and torn down sometime
after that. It is interesting that at one time, Groton was quite the "hot
bed" of industry in the area, but now it has nothing.

I really need to get up there and spend some time in Ithaca going through
microfilm of Groton newspapers to see if I can get more information on the
manufacturer of my engine. For the most part, I am resigned to the fact that
I will probably not be able to get much information on the original
manufacturer.

Thanks again,
George Erhart
http://www.grotonengine.tzo.net