[AT] Subdivision Development

Herbert Metz metz-h.b at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 29 19:33:14 PST 2004

Forsyth County, GA is one of a few counties where senior citizens do not pay
school taxes; our taxes paid this year were $1.80/$1,000 current market
value.   Our not paying school taxes was approved by the voters a couple
years ago., just before the economy slumped.  The schools wanted to fight
it, but were afraid to.
A dozen years ago we had one high school, now we have three, and will have
two more in another two years.   Our county has been in top five fastest
growing counties in US for the last five years; one year we were beat out
for #1 spot by a county in N.C.?, that had added a 2,000 inmates (now
referred to as residents) prison.    We are finally starting to assess new
homes an impact fee (use of this money is very restricted); this has been
fought by realtors and builders, even in court, for many years.
Herb