[AJD] Listed Crop Cultivator

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Mon Nov 29 19:52:36 PST 2004

Terry L. Hrdlicka wrote:

> Ron,
>
> Thanks for that explanation of the cultivating process.  I was wondering
> about how I was going to do that.  Since I don't have a set of skeletons
> for the '50 A, I guess I'm going to have to set my back wheels way wide
> to ride on the outside of the rows when I cultivate, right?
That is correct.

> It took me 2 weeks of PB Blaster, a lot of banging, and a lot of cussing
> 2 years ago, to get the right wheel to move from it's factory setting so
> I could plow properly.  Never did get it to move 'till I was pulling a
> wagon down the road after soaking the bejeezus out of it and leaving the
> clamp off.  Looked down and noticed some fresh rust.  Got that one where
> I can jack 'er up and just slide the wheel where ever I want it. Love
> that anti-sieze!  Guess I need to start soaking the left wheel ;)
Yep.  They are a real bugger when they haven't been moved in awhile.
Back when those old tractors were the main power, we moved the wheels
several times a year.  Our biggest problem was keeping them set in one
place.  Especially important that they don't slide out too far.<g>

> Wouldn't want to dig up those skeletons and bring them over, would you?
If I ever get my hands on them, I'm keeping them.<g>  I went after them
a few years ago and one of my brothers told me the iron man had got
them.  Really ticked me off.  Turns out, someone didn't really want me
to have them.  Just in the last 6 months they have surfaced and are out
by the driveways into the home farm.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA