[Farmall] 47 M lpg system

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 29 02:44:53 PST 2004

You could very easily have the distributor 180 degrees out of time. By
that I mean that it is firing when #4 is on the compression stroke
instead of #1. I had exactly the same problem with my 240 just last
week. All I can tell you to do is remove the spark plug from #1 and put
your finger over the hole while having someone turn the engine over.
There should be good pressure on your finger until the timing mark comes
up. I there isn't, then that is your problem, and you have to remove the
distributor and turn the shaft 180 degrees and put it back in.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)