[Farmall] Scams at work...

Terry & Carolyn Welshans welshans2 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 24 03:54:43 PST 2004

Mark wrote:

>Just a reminder, the scamers are working too over the holiday. I just
>posted a belly mower on Ytmag classifieds and got the below. Beware
>sellers!

>On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:01:17 -0800 (PST), roland kal <barecy33 at yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
> thanks for your response, the price is ok with me, i will have my client
> send payment to you , who is owing me $1,500 for a cancel shippment. via
> certified bank check, which you will cash deduct your cost and send
balance
> to my agent who will come to your location for pickup. i need your contact
> address /fullname phone to effect payment.pic as well.

I got one like that the other day for a Farmall B I had at YTMAG as well.  I
told the guy his terms were unacceptable, and that I would only take cash
when he picked it up.

Of course, I got no reply......

BTW, I sold it to a guy about ten miles from me, with cash in hand.

Regards,

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

www.midwestoilburners.org
www.fokisd.org
www.terrystoy.com