[AJD] Ebay 7" Lights probably still a fair price but...

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 21:18:09 PST 2004

I  bought a set of 7" Flat lens lights on Ebay,  said
to have been taken off a D.  A little research said
that I could use them on my Lideman,  so I bought
them..  I am now the victim of a 'krylon' restoration.

   The lights look good on the outside,  however they
were beadblasted with the lenses in and then painted.
When I tried each of them to see of they worked,  by
the sound of them I knew they were full of junk..
None of them worked,  although two had good bulbs in
them.  Given the cost of replacement reproduction
parts for them,  I suppose the 60+ dollars a piece
isn't that bad even though they are not nearly as nice
as they seem.

   This was my first transaction with the seller
'26inchd'  I am not sure whether or not they were
trying to pull a fast one over on me or not,  but
after opening them up today,  my satifaction level
dropped tremendously when I say all the rust and dirt
inside..

    Now to the sellers credit,  they didn't say a
thing as to their operation,  restored status and of
course the old as it where is line was in there..

     Anyway,  here's the link.  What do you think?

                  Chris
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3850587038&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT