[AJD] 70 update

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Tue Nov 23 22:51:43 PST 2004

Dennis:

Excellent pictures and excellent work. That 70 will look 10 times better
than when it came off the production line. To make it look like it came off
the production line it would need paint overspray in several areas and
greased gunny sacks on the axles.

I spent my teenage years on a JD 70. But ours didn't have power steering.
They are one hell of a tractor. The memories of plowing at night with the 70
stuck with me for 40 years while I was away from tractors. Now I have many
two cylinders but still no model 70. I'm sneaking up on it though, have a 50
and two 60's.

The memories of the flame coming out of the 70's muffler and that engine
lugging down just a bit and then pounding away for hours at a time will
never be forgotten.

Good work, it is a beautiful machine.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290