[AT] Concrete slab

Billy Hood aggie1967 at msn.com
Tue Nov 23 19:42:33 PST 2004

Amen George
I used to rent a cement hopper to fit quick atttach on skid loader (Bobcat) to pour walls and grade beams where truck chutes would not reach.  When we used to mix our own I had an old rectangular feed tank from a chicken house that we welded a chute and gate on for sand/gravel mix.  Just back the mixer under the chute, crack the gate for the count of 3 and it was the right amount for a 1/3 cy mix.  You could charge the chicken feed tank with a front end loader and it held about 2 1/5 yds.  I have cut many a sack of Portland with a shovel and had to pick a few pieces of sack out of the barrel.  One of my pet peaves with sackcrete is I see people pour it into the forms or post hole and just add water--just expensive fill.  I have a cheap small german made mixer that will hold two+ cu ft.  It mixes sackcrete for postholes ect and we use it setting wood and steels poles for buildings.  I usually add Portland cement to sackcrete as it never seems "green" enough to suit me.
Bear