[AT] Concrete slab

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Nov 23 10:01:17 PST 2004

The advantage of mixing your own concrete is that you can do small
batches when you need the material. If you are pouring a whole slab, it
is probably going to be cheaper to have the redi-mix truck deliver it
than to buy sand and cement (or dry concrete mix) by the bagful and haul
it yourself from the mason supply or Home Depot. Also, handling all
those bags of concrete gets old real fast.

Mike

Ricky Prescott wrote:
> I can get a three point tractor mounted cement mixer.  I am thinking about
> making my own concrete for the slab in my work shop.  How much money will I
> save by making my own concrete.  What problems will I encounter by doing
> this?  Thanks, Ricky

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)