[AT] Tractor wiring

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Wed Nov 17 22:42:25 PST 2004

I found this online it says why we have 110  220,
Electricity  around the world

There is no standard mains voltage throughout the world  and also the
frequency, i.e. the number of times the current changes direction  per second, is not
everywhere the same. Moreover, plug shapes, plug holes, plug  sizes and
sockets are also different in many countries. Those seemingly  unimportant
differences, however, have some unpleasant consequences.
Most  appliances bought overseas simply cannot be connected to the wall
outlets at  home. There are only two ways to solve this problem: you just cut off
the  original plug and replace it with the one that is standard in your
country, or  you buy an unhandy and ugly adapter.
While it is easy to buy a plug adapter  or a new "local" plug for your
"foreign" appliances, in many cases this only  solves half the problem, because it
doesn't help with the possible voltage  disparity. A 110-volt electrical
appliance designed for use in North America or  Japan will provide a nice fireworks
display - complete with sparks and smoke -  if plugged into a European socket.
It goes without saying that the lack of a  single voltage, frequency and
globally standardised plugs entail many extra  costs for manufacturers and
increase the burden on the environment.
Pure  waste and unnecessary pollution !

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm