[Farmall] Tractor Safety and Slope

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:40:13 PST 2004

Farmall Tractor folks:  I am in the process of planning some major dirt
moving around my acreage in anticipation of leveling an area for a machine
shed for my tractors.   I have some rough land from which I to move a fair
amount of dirt and at the same time make it safer to mow, etc.

Any suggestions as to what I could tell the dirt moving contractor
regarding the maximum degree or percent of slope to make so I can be
relatively safe with my tractors on it--going up, down, and across.  I
know this is a tough questions since it depends on my tractors.  All have
wide front ends.  I have two Farmall As with either a belly mower or belly
blade on them;  a Cub 154 with a belly mower; a Super C with front and
back blade, and (the toughest regarding safety) a Farmall 340 with wide
front end and loader.   None have ROPs.   No doubt if the ground were
perfectly flat that there are still safety factors...".nothing is fool
proof in the hands of a fool"....but what is reasonably safe?

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hardesty