[AJD] '49 AR

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 07:05:22 PST 2004

My JD B has a 12 volt negative ground system with the regular 6 volt
starter.  Really winds up!  Has worked fine for the several years I've had
it.  I try not to engage the starter any longer than necessary -- as a
precaution.  Starters turn the same way regardless of the polarity
applied.  However, you could well fry the rest of your electrical system if
it remains hooked up to the starter/battery -- either disconnect the system
or provide some form of voltage dropping resistor.

Bob Holtzer