[AT] Arc Welding ? CORRECTION

Phil Auten pga2 at hot1.net
Thu Nov 11 04:02:48 PST 2004

Yes, I am 100% serious. However, after thinking about this for a while,
I remembered that safety glasses were involved, and it may have been
a bystander that this happened to. We were all required to wear safety
glasses while doing pretty much any kind of work involving tools and
Texas Instruments provided us with safety glasses. Some of these
had astigmatism correction built into the otherwise plain lenses and
I seem to remember that this was the cause of the problem. So, if you
wear contacts, don't weld with one of the magnifying hoods. It has the
potential to cause a problem. Remove the contacts and use regular
glasses under the hood. Better safe than sorry.

Phil