[AT] Allis-Chalmers CA Hydraulic Cylinders

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Nov 8 15:27:25 PST 2004

Mathew let's hope they are repairable because you aren't likely to find any
to replace them with.  At least not OEM ones.

Not being able to see the cylinders it's hard to tell you how they come
apart but generally speaking the outer tube or the cyliner usually screws
into the lower end housing where the hose attaches.
It sounds like some sort of retainer was missing and it caused the rod to
extend to far.  Your cultivators should have a big spring somewhere that
helps pull them back down.  That too depends on exactly which cultivator set
up you have but generally AC cultivators had a spring.

Charlie