SV: gas $ (was Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Nov 5 04:18:03 PST 2004

> If anyone on the list buys fuel oil for heating I'd be curious to know the
> latest price you paid.  Also, if you know the price of Diesel in your' area
> I'd be interested in that as well.  I am asking as my daughter was
> complaining to me this evening about the local price of Diesel and she asked
> me if people had to pay the same price for home heating oil.  Since I don't
> know I thought I'd ask -
> Thanks -
> Dudley
> Snohomish, Washington

	Dudley, what we do every year is buy a contract in late summer for
the coming heating season from our fuel oil supplier. This year we bought
$2000 in fuel at $1.599 to be delivered as needed during the coming season.
How this works is, our supplier in turn buys a contract from his supplier
and guarantees to us that we will not have to pay more than this amount.
Also, if the price drops, we get the lower price, whatever that might be. I
understand the price locally is already up over $2 a gallon for those who did
not buy contracts.

	I used to have a thousand gallon tank that I tried to have near empty
by summer. I looked for sale prices and usually managed to fill the tank with
very cheap heating fuel by the first of August.

	Diesel fuel, FWIW, is going for between $2.349 and $2.549 locally.
I happen to pass the station that sells the cheapest on my way to our new
property and saved good money by buying diesel fuel there to put in the big
Komatsu excavator and my dump truck during the past two weeks. It sure hurts
to see the pump stop at $75 when filling the tank on the pickup.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson