[AJD] Plow - Again

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Nov 3 11:17:25 PST 2004

On 11/3/2004 at 10:19 AM Rev. Gerber wrote:
>Spencer:  Plow again...  If you want a 2 bottom plow, wait a little and
>one will turn up.  If you are in a hurry, you will pay way too much.
>Amazing that when you are not in a hurry, or especially when you are not

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the words of wisdom and I agree.  I started shopping for a plow
when I bought the tractor 2-1/2 years ago.   I decided this fall though
that I have been patient long enough I am not going to plow one more year
with the Pacer and a three point plow or its' integral disc plow.  One of
the reasons I have kicked the purchase up a notch is I just recently
realized that shopping for a plow has turned into a project in and of
itself.  Not a good thing and the realization made me think of myself like
one of the old women you see who go shopping all the time but always come
home empty handed; complaining about the prices.  The extra hundred or two
is not that big a deal.   If I was shopping for a $50,000 rare John Deere,
I would wait proportionally longer - I would wait decades if need be for
the right one.  But for $150?   Not a problem after I gave it a good, solid
2.5 year try

I did recently narrow down my choices, using some great help from the list,
to 4 models that would be the most accurate for the tractor.

BTW, you mention auctions but I can't shop auctions because here in NC
there are no 51, or 4B-4D plows.  The M series plows and some 44s show up
from time to time but that is it.  I have to shop my Internet classifieds
and magazine classifieds.   I envy you folks in the Midwest and your
selection of plows at auctions!.  I would attend an auction in the Midwest
but since I am not in the market for anything else, driving a few hundred
miles to an auction just for a plow _that_I_might_not_get doesn't make
sense(talk about wasting time and money!).  Of course I shop the swap meets
and shows that I do go to for other reasons and have put the word out to
friends(like this list!).

You are right, impatience has a cost.    That is why I have taken my time.
But after 2+ years it is now time to get off my duff and "..get 'er done"
and quit using money as an excuse for inaction.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net