gas $ (was Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Nov 3 04:57:32 PST 2004

Just curious.  Our prices are about the same here in NC.  I paid $1.89
yesterday at the cheapest place I passed by.   Like you said it varies a
good bit based on the state tax levels.  Since crude oil and it's
derivatives are traded in the open market the price of the fuel it's self is
basically the same everywhere.   Distribution costs, taxes and regulations
make up the difference.

Here anymore the majority of gasoline outlets are at "convienience stores".
I know some states don't have these.  They are stores with lots of gas self
serve gas pumps, (sometimes) clean restrooms, lots of snack items and fast
food and a few grocery type items.  At most of those places now you can pull
up to the pump, insert your credit or debit card, fill up, drive off and
never have to deal with anyone.
I like it that way.

Charlie