OT: Re: SV: Re[2]: [AT] NC Trailer regulations

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 03:49:24 PST 2004

> It has been suspected that the independent service station owners lobby keeps the law from being revoked in order to prevent the company owned gas stations from squeezing them out by offering low prices for "pump your own" fuel. As it happens, gasoline in NJ is generall lower priced than everywhere but Texas and Oklahoma. But that my have more to do with the tax rate than the cost of the fuel.
>
> Mike

	I found in my travels over the past 10 years, that while NJ had
decent prices for fuel, both gas and diesel, prices on the Ohio Turnpike
were just as cheap or cheaper and I am sure the prices were even better
out away from the Interstates. Living just 20 miles from NJ gas stations
as we do, it used to be advantageous to drive down there with a nearly
empty tank in the truck and a half dozen empty cans for tractor gas but
since NJ raised taxes this past summer and subsequently the prices at the
pump, prices have gone up to the point there is not much difference between
there and here.

	NJ prohibits people from pumping their own gas but I have yet to
have anyone offer to pump diesel into either of my trucks for me in NJ.
Must be those Arabs that work in gas stations down there don't like the
smell of diesel fuel on their hands.

	Now that I think of it, a lot of our gas stations seem to be
owned by people of Middle Eastern descent these days. I understand they
are helping each other buy stations here in the United States and just
was wondering if the same thing is happening in other States or if it
is just in New York and New Jersey?

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson