[AJD] JD 50 questions/Dean VP

Gordon Hart grnacres at pgtc.net
Thu Nov 25 20:21:07 PST 2004

Dean
I have been working on the JD50 LP and nearing completion but need some
questions answered.
1. Serial number 5026109 makes it a '55 and assume it should have a 800A
hitch which it has most of except the lift cranks are P815A and P816A does
this mean that it orginnally had an 800 hitch and some one converted it or
were these cranks also used on 800A hitches. My PC397 is a little confussing
on this.
2. If a drawbar assembly was used were the brackets DA 5933A,DA 5934A or was
a regular three point type bolt/pin bolted direct to the drawbar.
3 No spacers are shown in the PC at the connection of the link to the fork.
Mine has 2 at each location making it more rigid.
4. I need to know how far above the grill the chrome" John Deere" is on the
nose cone. The bodyman covered the holes when he repaired the Nose

Haven't been on the list much this summer and have been working 7 days a
week for awhile not alot of time to play with tractors or computers.

Gordon